Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I think it’s the easiest meal time to get in a rut with. Some people skip it all together (shame, shame) and others like me get in the habit of eating the same foods every morning.
I have a morning routine; I want coffee and I want to eat directly after a great workout. Unfortunately early in the morning sometimes my brain isn’t
turned on in creative mode yet! My breakfasts end up being the same boring meal over and over again: eggs and toast or instant oatmeal.
This morning I decided to break out of my current rut and really think about what I like for breakfast. My favorite breakfast foods are eggs and some level of heat (hot sauce, salsa,peppers). Luckily, WILD HARVEST sent me a whole box of yummy organic foods two weeks ago in my day of madness to try. And I knew these products were the best place to start experimenting with breakfast ideas!
If you are looking for a fabulous morning breakfast after a tough workout this Southwestern Quick Quiche will not disappoint.
Southwestern Quick Quiche
- 8 WILD HARVEST eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup WILD HARVEST Mild Mango Peach Salsa
- dash of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup WILD HARVEST black beans drained
- 1-2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- dash of WILD HARVEST Ground Cayenne Pepper (optional if you don’t like heat)
- Pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate (you can use refrigerated version or make the simple version below)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
– Combine the eggs, cream, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
– Once mixed add in salsa, roasted red peppers, feta cheese and black beans, stir and pour into your pie plate.
– Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Makes 8 servings.
For my newer readers you may not know about my love of Salsa. I have self-control when it comes to salsa…! The WILD HARVEST Mango Peach Salsa is amazing….a sweet combination!
Want to make your own flaky crust rather than buying it from the store? Here is an extremely easy recipe.
Flaky Quiche Crust:
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cold (refrigerated) water
– In A large bowl mix salt and flour with a fork.
– Add in water and oil mix until you have created dough
– Press into a 9 inch pie pan.
Lookin’ good… fresh out of the oven.
**disclosure I received free products from SUPERVALU INC. for the purpose of this blog entry.**
After all this cooking I must admit, I enjoyed MANY of the Animal Crackers as well. I haven’t eaten animal crackers in YEARS and I learned the hard way once you eat one, it’s really hard to stop! 🙂
For more information about any of the delicious WILD HARVEST products shown here click on the photo below for a link to their page!
What’s your favorite breakfast?